The Chipmunk and the Catfish is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
Theodore hands out Valentine's cards and candy in the hallway until he attempts to give Cheesy his gift. Cheesy doesn't want it, sprinting away from Theodore until he hits a sign. Cheesy becomes emotional and tries escaping the chipmunk again; this time colliding with a bench at which he confesses he doesn't have a Valentine. Wanting to boast his morale, Theodore finds a girl in the newspaper and creates an online profile. The two happily text each other until Kevin and Bruce don't believe the girl is real. In order to prove them wrong, Cheesy asks to talk, to the surprise of Theodore, who chooses to confide in Eleanor for help. Eleanor whispers an escape plan out of the situation though his brothers catch him attempting to sneak Simon's voice changer out of their room. They agree he needs to end it so The Chipmunks meet up with Eleanor, who calls Cheesy. The call is a disaster as the voice changer breaks and Cheesy sees the real girl drive by. Cheesy pursues, informing the chipmunks of his location, as they race to get to the cafe. Theodore falls onto the girl's table and outlines the situation. Cheesy finally makes it to the restaurant, with Eleanor slowing him down, and is disappointed to find her gone. Outside, she calls out to him and explains that Theodore was just trying to do something nice for him. Seeing as the ordeal was a little creepy, Theodore promises not to do something like this again as Cheesy walks away with Kevin, Bruce, and Logan. Eleanor appears wishing to explain her actions, causing Cheesy to run again as she chases him. Alvin and Simon witness the incident and decide to keep rolling along in the battered car.
- This episode could be a reference to the American reality-based TV documentary/show Catfish.
- This is the first episode to show that Eleanor owns a skateboard.
- Goof: Simon and Theodore jump from the wagon into Alvin's car, but when they turn the wagon is gone.
- The clip of Eleanor riding her skateboard behind Alvin's car is included in the second series opening theme, first seen at the start of season three.
- When this episode premiered in the US, it aired with a rerun of Wacky Wednesday.