The Chipettes is an episode of the Alvin and the Chipmunks series.
The Chipmunks are on tour when Dave drives by a hotel that states they were performing. Not recalling booking the hotel, they stop in and meet Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor for the first time. When both groups believe they have a claim to the name "The Chipmunks," they make a deal that whoever wins a contest gets to perform at the hotel and can have the rights to the name. The girls win (after both groups sabotage each other), but when they go to perform, the people want Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. As a result, the boys keep the name The Chipmunks while the girls become The Chipettes, and they all end up performing together.
- This is the first appearance of The Chipettes.
- This is the first episode The Chipmunks dress as girls.
- The song was adapted from "We Got the Beat" by The Go-Go's.
- Benedict Arnold is mentioned.
- Around the world in 80 dates is a reference to Around the world in 80 days.
- This episode occurs after the flashback in the later episode The Chipette Story.
- Part of The Chipette Diaries DVD.
- Copyright Catalog, Cocatalog.loc.gov, Retrieved 2014-11-26.