Theodore's new talking-teddy bear is driving Alvin and Simon nuts. So, they decide to rewire the bear's hard drive, so the bear will follow their directions! But when Alvin abuses the privilege, Simon turns the tables on him.
When Theodore gets to pick the show to watch, his bear recommends Talking Teddy TV Fun Time. Unable to stand any more of the bear, Alvin convinces Simon to do something about it. Simon comes up with the idea to rewire the bear so they can control what it says. The next night, Theodore seems a little upset by the change of his teddy. While Alvin starts to abuse his control on the bear, Simon tries to dampen Alvin's actions. After Simon wants to end the charade, Alvin steals the keyboard, hides, and continues to take advantage, to Simon's displeasure, of Theodore. Simon, unable to take any more, rewires the bear once more so he can use Teddy to teach Alvin a lesson. Once he succeeds in freaking out Alvin, Simon convinces Theodore to donate Teddy to a daycare program. In the end, Theodore returns with a new and improved Talking Teddy.
- According to the final cut version, this episode could've been fully completed on June 24, 2014.
- Alvin's paranoia about Talking Teddy coming to life and wanting to harm him is a reference to the character Chucky from the horror film franchise Child's Play.
- Goof: In one frame of the first bedtime scene, Simon's bedside table is not in-between his and Alvin's bed, but is on the other side near the wall. Yet, in the next frame, it's shown to be in-between their beds again.
- Goof: When Alvin puts his hand over Simon's mouth he doesn't have his glasses on but in the next frame when Alvin is quieting Simon his glasses are on only for him to grab them with the next camera switch.
- When Simon states "here's the Shyamalan twist," he's referring to M. Night Shyamalan and the plot twists he frequently adds to his movies.
- The full episode was available on Nick.com (US).
- The clip of Simon standing over the open-chested Talking Teddy, the clip of Alvin rolling the apple over his shoulders to his finger, and the clip of Theodore holding Alvin's socks are included in the original series opening theme.
- Part of the Alvin's Wild Adventures and Back to School DVDs.
- This episode marks The Chipmunks' and Dave's first appearance in this series, with Dave having the first line.
- This episode also marks Talking Teddy's first appearance, who has also appeared in many later episodes.
- This is the first episode to show Simon not wearing his glasses.
- ↑ Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks, Tvschedule.zap2it.com, Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- ↑ Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 8.3.2015, Showbuzzdaily.com, Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- ↑ ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks Vol. 1, iTunes.apple.com, Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- ↑ United States Copyright Office, Cocatalog.loc.gov, Retrieved 2013-12-09.