Theodore goes into a deep funk after he burns his tongue on some super-hot chocolate and loses his sense of taste.
Simon's excited for autumn's arrival - full of colorful leaves and brisk wind. Passed by a snail on the way to school due to those strong winds, The Chipmunks and The Chipettes learn of the volunteers for the annual cookies and hot chocolate bake sale: Alvin, tasked with the hot chocolate, and Brittany, the cookies. At the Seville House, Alvin follows a recipe for Super Hot Chocolate; the extremely hot drink is left with a note while Alvin checks in on Brittany. Not long after Theodore spots the hot chocolate and note before an imaginary devil Theo convinces him he can drink it and "be good five minutes from now." Informed there'll be a consequence for the action, Theodore receives a burnt tongue. Meanwhile Brittany is "baking" the cookies (by paying off Jeanette and Eleanor to do it for her) when Simon and Theodore arrive. Alvin learns of his brother's fate and demands to know how it tasted, as does The Chipettes with their cookies, but Theodore's taste is messed up as the result of the tongue injury. Upset about losing his taste, Theodore dresses in black, hardly eats, and mopes around. Under a tree he talks about his experience but other students mistake his words for deep wisdom, despite Simon's explanation. Alvin, Simon, and The Chipettes prepare for the bake sale only to see low turnout due to everyone being outside with Theodore fasting. With an appointment, Alvin reveals to Theodore his tongue has healed and his taste returned once he shoves a cookie into his mouth. The bake sale is a success though most of the class is in discomfort from eating too much.
- "Be Good" 
- When Alvin is talking to the snail he informs it that "winter is coming," which is a reference to HBO's medieval-fantasy TV series Game of Thrones.
- This is the second episode of the series in which Game of Thrones is referenced. The first being It's My Party.
- Theodore having an Angel and a Devil talk to him is a reference to The Alvin Show episode Alvin’s Alter Ego.
- Running Gag: Alvin gets outpaced and mocked by a snail while walking through the wind to school.
- When Pamela and Mildred are talking they mention Theodore is more of a werewolf guy, which is a reference to the 2000 movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman.
- A sneak peek was uploaded to Nicktoons UK.