Simon For President is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
Tired of Bocarter Humphrey, the class president, favoring his personal pals, Simon and Alvin decide to rebel and launch their own campaigns for class president. Will brotherhood survive the competition?
The current class president backs up traffic and makes The Chipmunks late so he and his friends can walk on a red carpet. Sick of his actions, Dave suggests Simon to run. Simon makes his first campaign speech pledging to end favoritism. Soon after Brittany begins giving Simon advice, Alvin signs up to run too with Theodore doing all the work. Alvin interrupts Simon's snoozy second speech on his skateboard and pledges to host pool parties if he is elected. The next day, Simon discovers his posters defaced and attempts to "play the game" but Brittany has to take it further for him. As a result, Alvin and Simon begin publicly posting embarrassing videos to get back at each other. Alvin throws his first pool party but must quickly get everyone out and clean up as Dave is almost home. That night at dinner, Alvin and Simon argue about each other's actions before the phone calls come in about Alvin's party. Simon offers to help Alvin with his punishment chores but learns that Alvin was only in the race to help Bocarter win by splitting the vote so Alvin can get the perks. At the vote, Alvin drops out of the race and Theodore collects evidence exposing Bocarter for cheating allowing Simon to win.
- This episode's plot shares some similarities to the 80's episode May the Best Chipmunk Win.
- Alvin created a "Single Ladies" spoof video in which he danced in a speedo.
- This is the first time in the CGI series where Alvin and Simon are heard singing solo.
- Part of the Back to School DVD.
- Bagdasarian Production's Famous Chipmunks Make A Pitch Perfect Debut On Nick Jr. UK In New Series "Alvinnn!!! And The Chipmunks", Nickalive.com, Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 8.10.2015, Showbuzzdaily.com, Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks Vol. 1, iTunes.apple.com, Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Copyright Catalog, Cocatalog.loc.gov, Retrieved 2015-03-04.