Safety Third is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
When Dave refuses to let Alvin get a dangerous toy sports car, Alvin secretly convinces Simon to build him an exact replica of the car. Will Alvin be able to keep this secret from Dave? Or will it turn out that the toy car is TOO FAST – TOO FURIOUS?!
After Alvin daydreams of driving fast in a new toy sports car, he asks Dave if he can buy it, but Dave refuses due to reports of children being hurt by a faulty accelerator. Desperate to convince Dave, Alvin seeks to prove he can be hurt in so many other ways such as crashing a tricycle, drowning, and applying stickers to his fur. When none of Alvin's actions convince Dave and Alvin scares him while working on a song, Dave forces Alvin to go to the basement to help Simon with a school project. Simon isn't interested in his help or input with his "dream vehicle" because he doesn't want Alvin messing it up or criticizing his bus idea. Alvin tirelessly works to persuade Simon to change his mind and they finish a close replica of the dangerous sports car. When the paint is scheduled to be dry, Alvin tricks a sleeping Simon into telling him where the key is so Alvin can take the car on a joyride. At the toy store, Simon's car accidentally gets ran over by a bus and Alvin decides to take the toy car that was placed into the dumpster. The car is initially very slow, but the accelerator sticks and he drives wildly home. Meanwhile, Simon expresses his excitement about the car just before it flies through the front door, ultimately crashing into the pool. Everyone learns the truth when the "X-Class 247 TecToys" logo floats to the surface. Given Simon's car was destroyed, he's allowed a second chance to build his bus and Alvin suggests adding wings to it, but Simon is having none of it and tells Dave on Alvin.
- The title is a pun on the saying "Safety First."
- This episode reveals that Simon takes an auto mechanics class at school, which is sometimes taught as a high school level subject. This would suggest that the school the Chipmunks are seen attending throughout the series is a high school.
- Alvin mentions "Old Ma Jenkins from the retirement centre" which could be a reference to the character Old Man Jenkins from SpongeBob SquarePants, which also airs on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons.
- When the episode premiered in the US, it aired with a rerun of Mojo Missing.
- Part of the Summer of Sport DVD.