Island Fever is an episode of the Alvin and the Chipmunks series.
The Chipmunks and The Chipettes go to perform on a high class cruise ship, the Island Lady. Alvin is upset about their advertising pictures for the show, which shows gigantic glitzy photos of the Chipettes and small black & white ones of the Chipmunks as babies. Alvin shoots some new pictures of everyone in the lifeboat, however the boat breaks off the cruise ship in a storm when some of Brittany's luggage falls in the boat, and they drift in the ocean until they land on an island. After building shelters, Alvin and Simon get into an argument. Simon says he should scout the island for help, whereas Alvin argues that if you are lost you should stay in one place. Everyone goes with Simon, except for Brittany. On the beach, Alvin and Brittany spot a plane only to argue over who will rescue them. After some talking, the two set off to find their siblings. They then find a fire-breathing monster, only to realize it is an attraction for a luxury hotel where the ship has docked at. Alvin and Brittany are reunited with Simon, who found his way there.
- "Summertime Blues" originally performed by Eddie Cochran.
- An intimate moment between Alvin and Brittany occurs in this episode.
- The plot is similar to that of Swiss Family Robinson.
- The episode's title is a pun on the phrase "cabin fever."
- Many people believe the third CGI/live-action film, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, is heavily based on this episode.