Family Spirit is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
Alvin tries to get out of the annual family day picnic with Dave because he has tickets to the big soccer match.
While Alvin shows off his ticket to a big soccer game to his brothers, Julie offers Dave tickets to the same game, but, coincidentally, the anniversary of Dave and the boys' meeting is the same day. Alvin attempts to tell Dave he wishes to go to the game only to stop himself when Dave mentions the importance of family. Simon advises Alvin to stop thinking about soccer to get over it; unfortunately for Alvin, he sees soccer references everywhere and starts growing impatient. As a result, he kicks a soccer ball which hits his teacher landing him in detention. Able to get out before the game, Alvin uses detention to try and get out of family day. When Dave finds out about Alvin's detention, he calls Principal Meadows to move it back a week. The morning of family day, Alvin fakes a fever. Outside, Theodore slips on his "brotherly pact" informing The Chipettes that Alvin's faking. Brittany then attempts to tell Dave but she can't because she doesn't want to crush him. Released, Alvin goes to the game only to leave when he realizes family's more important. Back with his family, Alvin learns of Dave's interest and convinces everyone to go to the game at the cost of watching five Talking Teddy shows with Theodore.
- Dave states that he met The Chipmunks seven years ago which happens to be around the release of the first CGI/live-action film, Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Alvin is the second character in the series to be tied up with the Chipettes' ribbons. The first being Dave in Sister Act.
- Part of the Summer of Sport DVD.
- This is the first episode to show an on-screen kiss (on the cheek), in this case, Alvin kissing Brittany on both her cheeks.
- This episode marks Julie's first appearance in the CGI series.
- This episode reveals the Chipmunks to be 12 inches tall.