Curiosity is an episode of the ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks series.
Alvin gets a taste of his own medicine when he pulls one too many practical jokes on Simon.
Alvin informs Simon of a new delivery for him, but once Simon opens the package, he realizes it's one of Alvin's pie pranks. Alvin laughs while Theodore is tired of his pranking and offers to help clean Simon up by licking his face. Simon makes a promise to get him back before he runs off to clean himself, with Theodore trailing behind. Meanwhile, The Chipettes drop a realization to Alvin about Simon's abilities to prank him back. Scared, Alvin decides to talk with Simon; Simon forgives Alvin, as he is his brother, but scares him more by also guaranteeing revenge. Now every interaction with his brother invokes the fear of retaliation. Later as Simon is about to leave home for science camp, Alvin notices a box on the table in the living room, but Simon forbids Alvin from opening the box as he's going to open it when he gets back from camp in a couple days. Not wanting to wait to be revenged on, Alvin attempts to learn the contents with an x-ray device Simon created. It fails to reveal the contents of the box and Alvin starts going crazy. As Alvin's curious starts to haunt him, Theodore does his best to guard the box until Simon returns, resorting to tying his older brother to his bed. That night Alvin has a nightmare in which Simon takes his revenge, turning him purple before he's transforms into a toad. The next day, Theodore tries to stop Alvin but he escapes. Evading the traps downstairs, he ignores Brittany's demand for him to leave it alone and resorts to destroying it with a bat. Alvin's suddenly hit with a series of pies from Simon's new invention, the Pieinator. Alvin is surprised, yet glad, that the revenge is simply that, but Alvin learns, from Simon, that the box he had just destroyed, was his birthday present. Theodore, who enjoyed the banana cream pie, repeatedly calls Simon a "nerd," wanting Simon to shoot pies at him too.
- This episode was originally titled Curiosity Killed the Alvin, of which is a pun on the phrase "curiosity killed the cat."
- A sneak peek clip was uploaded to Nick.com.
- Alvin's red lightsaber toy from Oh Brother Where Art Thou makes a reappearance.
- This is the second episode where Alvin gets tied up with the Chipettes' ribbons. The first time was in Family Spirit. He is also tied to his bed in the same way that Simon was in Simsky.
- Goof: The X-ray of Theodore shows his heart, lungs, stomach, liver, and intestines but not his gall bladder, pancreas, or bones.
- Goof: Some of the mouse traps start going off before Alvin even steps on them.
- Goof: After Alvin is shot with a pie for the last time, he lands on mouse traps where there previously were none.
- Goof: When Simon shoots pies at Theodore, the Pieinator is smaller than it was when he was shooting Alvin with it.
- Running Gag: Alvin and Theodore call Simon a "nerd" and the science camp as "nerd camp."