When Alvin inadvertently destroys Theodore's bicycle, he enters the boys in a roundup of shopping carts where the first prize is a new bike.
While Dave is watching the weather during a storm, Theodore and Simon run from Alvin who wishes to be a cowboy rounding up "little doggies." They don't wish to play so Dave suggests Theodore get his bike and round up Alvin. Unfortunately for Theo, Alvin left his bike (Melvin) out in the rain and it disintegrates when Alvin tries to polish it up. Dave tasks Alvin with replacing his brother's bike so he looks for work at Miss Croner's house. He mows (with a toy lawnmower and scissors), paints the house, and replaces her car's transmission, all for a dime. Walking through town, Simon spots a flier describing a shopping cart round up where the winner receives a new bike. Alvin gives his brothers cowboy nicknames right before they meet their competition, Derek. After dressing the part and locating their first cart, they realize that they must work as a team to win. They round up a group of carts, all the while Derek keeps attempting to steal them. They sleep with their herd, but, when they awaken, are surprised to find that it was stolen. To find the herd, they take "Little Wobbler" (a cart with a bummed wheel) to the top of a hill to scout before they roll wildly into town. The cowboys confront Derek, and, with the help of Miss Croner, get their herd back. Little Wobbler is hit by a truck and Miss Croner uses her Supermarket War training to fix him up. Alvin returns from the store bearing a miniature bike so Alvin makes it up to Theodore by being his little doggie.
- The title is a pun on the saying "Arts and Crafts."
- Alvin's harmonica is seen in this episode.
- Alvin's cowboy hat and bandanna is most likely a reference to the 80s episode, Urban Chipmunk.
- Miss Croner calls Theodore "Leonardo," which is possibly a reference to Leonardo from The Alvin Show.
- When this episode premiered in the US, it aired with a rerun of Candy Confessions.
- Part of the Summer of Sport DVD.