Back to Our Future is an episode of The Chipmunks Go to the Movies series.
Alvin, Simon, and Theodore of the 90s go back in time to 1957 to meet Alvin, Simon, and Theodore of the 50s, thanks to Clyde Crashcup's time machine. In this episode, The CD Cover's Faded Away and The Chipmunks meet the original versions of themselves (originally created by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.). Many of the antics of this episode revolve around the fact of the cultural differences between the 50's and the 90's, such as the difference between Mousse and Moose. The show also makes a point of the difference in styles of art and voices. They end up going back in time so that they will not cease to exist in the future. They may not exist due to the fact Alvin gets a sudden interest in Dry Cleaning, believing that is where his future is.
In the end, the Chipmunks end up in their original time periods due to the fact that Alvin gave up the idea that he should be a dry cleaner.
- Alvin Seville as Himself
- Simon Seville as Himself
- Theodore Seville as Himself
- Dave Seville as Himself
- Clyde Crashcup as Himself
- "Back In Time" originally performed by Huey Lewis & The News.
- "Witch Doctor" (partly song with no music by '90's Alvin, Simon & Theodore)
- "Alvin's Harmonica" (Original & Funny Rap versions)
- "The Alvin Twist" ('50's & '90's Version)
Behind the Scenes
- This episode was based on the movie Back to the Future.
- Goof: The 50's Alvin was taller than the 50's Theodore, even though he was the smallest chipmunk in The Alvin Show.
- Goof: A caveman is shown living in the same time as the dinosaurs, or vice versa.
- Part of the Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies: Back to Alvin's Future VHS.
- This episode was labelled as "Back to Alvin's Future" on the VHS.
- Part of the Funny, We Shrunk the Adults DVD.