This is a simple list of general guidelines for Munkapedia, the Alvin and the Chipmunks Wiki.
- No personal attacks. Don't use profanity or insult others regardless of what they might have done or not done at any time. Instead, calmly and respectfully explain what they did wrong, why it is wrong, and how to fix it. Be civil to other users at all times.
- No fanon content. Don't create and upload any article, image, or video not supported by the franchise.
- Ask for help if needed. We've all been new to wikis at some point and had to get help somewhere. Ask senior editors or Admin if you have questions or concerns.
- When in doubt, take it to the talk page. Although everyone knows (or should know) that their writing may be edited mercilessly, it is easier to accept changes if the reasons for them are understood. Discussing changes on the article's talk page before they are made can help everyone reach a consensus faster and happier.
- Decent edit summaries are greatly appreciated. Stating what you changed and why it was changed helps everyone understand what has changed over time.
- Use the preview buttons to help prevent edit conflicts, mistakes, and broken layouts at various screen sizes.
- Assume good faith; in other words, try to consider that the person on the other end of the discussion is a thinking, rational being who is trying to positively contribute — unless, and only unless, you have firm, solid, and objective proof to the contrary. Merely disagreeing with you is no such proof. Avoid reverting a good faith edit unless it's clear vandalism or undoubtedly incorrect.
For more specific guidelines, visit Site Policy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.