About the Franchise
Alvin and the Chipmunks are a multi Grammy award-winning singing group of animated chipmunks created in 1958 by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr. There are four generations of chipmunks: 1960s, 1980s, 2000s, and 2010s. The Chipettes are another singing group of animated chipmunks created in 1983 by Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman.
- First Official Music Appearance: "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" - 1958
- First Television Series: The Alvin Show - 1961
- First Solo Album: The Alvin Show - 1961
- First Platinum Album: Christmas with The Chipmunks - 1962
- Spark of the 1980s Chipmunks: "Call Me" from Chipmunk Punk - 1980
- First Appearance of The Chipettes: The Chipettes - 1983
- First Animated Feature Film: The Chipmunk Adventure - 1987
- Spark of the 2000s Chipmunks: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2007
- First CGI / Live-Action Film: Alvin and the Chipmunks - 2007
Munkapedia's goal is to respectfully provide accurate and complete knowledge about a franchise of four generations through the collective willpower of passionate fans while cultivating a tightly-knitted community open to varying views and opinions.
In December 2007, Blumonkeyboy founded the wiki under the name The Alvin Wiki. Like many new wikis, ours was small and a little out of control. This changed when Vaznock became active in reshaping the site by creating our first site policy and changing the wiki's name to Munkapedia before leaving in 2009. HaloFan500 also held a leading role in the remodeling process at this time as an Admin but would later leave in 2010. Meanwhile, SJ4evr became an Admin in the summer 2009 and would be followed by Marchbaby in the summer 2010. Other than successfully banning all fan fiction, not much happened in the following years until DEmersonJMFM started editing in the fall 2012.
As a result, Munkapedia experienced a dramatic makeover. Hundreds of new pages were created, hundreds more pages and files were deleted, and organization improved drastically. He became an Admin in the spring 2013. SJ4evr, the wiki's longest serving Admin, resigned as Admin in the fall 2013 with Marchbaby following in the spring 2014. Munkapedia branched into social networking with the creation of our twitter in the summer 2014 and with the partnership of the Alvin and the Chipmunks Forum, the Chipmunks Discord, the fandom's live chat community, in the spring 2017. ChirpyChipmunks became the wiki's newest Admin in the winter 2016-17.