- This article is about the video game. For other uses, see Alvin and the Chipmunks (disambiguation).
Alvin and the Chipmunks is a video game based on the film. The game was released on December 4, 2007 and was the first release by the video game company Brash Entertainment.
It follows The Chipmunks as they play their way from small venues (such as a high school prom and a civic center) to massive crowds at Burning Munk and ultimately Rockathonapalooza. The soundtrack features 40 popular songs, including "All the Small Things" by Blink-182, "It's Tricky" by Run-D.M.C., and "Heartbreak Hotel" by Elvis Presley.
The gameplay itself is similar to other rhythm games such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Jason Lee reprise his role as David Seville in the cutscenes while Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman reprise their roles from the 1980's-2000's cartoons.
A second video game, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, was released December 1, 2009 to coincide with the release of the film, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. The game is played in a similar fashion, at venues around the world, but now some venues allow you to play as The Chipettes.
The Chipmunks play various venues. Each venue is unlocked once a trio-set of songs have been completed.
- "The Chipmunk Song" - The Chipmunks
- "California" - Phantom Planet
- "Everything You Want" - Vertical Horizon
- "Never Let You Go" - Third Eye Blind
- "Cool Places" - Sparks
- "I'll Be There for You" - The Rembrandts
- "Right Here, Right Now" - Jesus Jones
- "I Fought the Law" - Bobby Fuller
- "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - The Proclaimers
Locked (Wii Version Only)
- "Stand" - R.E.M.
Locked (Wii/DS/PC Version)
- "All Day and All of the Night" - The Kinks
- "Heartbreak Hotel" - Elvis Presley
- "Rock 'n' Roll High School" - The Ramones
- "The Distance" - Cake
- "Look Sharp" - Joe Jackson
- "All Star" - Smash Mouth
- "One Week" - Barenaked Ladies