20th Century Studios (formerly known as 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, or simply 20th Century Fox) is a motion picture production company founded in 1935 out of the merger of Fox Film Corporation (founded in 1915) and 20th Century Pictures, Inc. (founded in 1932).
In association with strategic partners Regency Enterprises and Bagdasarian Company, Fox produced Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009), Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011), and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (2015).
On December 14, 2017, the Walt Disney Company announced that it would be acquiring most of Fox's parent company, 21st Century Fox, including the film studio. Both companies approved the acquisition on July 27, 2018, and was completed on March 20, 2019. Disney eventually renamed the company, removing the Fox name, in January 2020.
- Walt Disney Company to acquire Twenty-First Century Fox Inc., after spin-off of certain businesses, for $52.4 billion in stock, Thewaltdisneycompany.com, Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- Fox and Disney Shareholders Vote to Approve $71.3 Billion Merger, Thewrap.com, Retrieved 2018-07-27.
- 20th Century Fox - Official Website
- 20th Century Fox - Wikipedia
- Proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney - Wikipedia